The Economic and Financial Policies Department is one of the priority departments in the ministerial formation of the Ministry of Planning Center, according to the Ministry Law No. (19) of 2009.
The department consists of three departments, and it carries out its tasks through a specialized staff of Ph.D., Master and Bachelor degree holders in Economics, Statistics and Management, as well as administrative competencies to accomplish administrative tasks.
Through continuous improvement steps, the department seeks to focus on methods of quantitative analysis and develop the capabilities of workers in the department through their participation in specialized courses and computer programs and graduate studies, especially in the field of economic modeling and the introduction of modern technology through the use of computers in accomplishing daily tasks and opening the doors of cooperation with universities Iraqi and foreign to benefit from scientific and practical experiences to develop methods of implementing the tasks assigned to the department.
An esteemed institution with an active role in drawing up economic policy plans and contributing to the state's economic decision-making process
Contribute to developing the performance of the Iraqi economy and work to create a balanced and diversified economy in a way that enhances the position of the Iraqi economy, by developing and developing plans, policies and studies capable of achieving those goals.
The main current tasks and duties of the Department of Economic and Financial Policies:
The Economic and Financial Policy Department undertakes the tasks and competences listed below in accordance with the provisions of the Ministry of Planning Law No. (19) for the year 2009 and instructions No. (1) for the year 2012 in cooperation and coordination with the technical and sectoral apparatus and formations and departments in the Ministry and with the ministries and entities not related to the Ministry as follows: -
1. Propose economic policies in various fields and follow up and evaluate their results.
2. Contribute to the preparation of the five-year plans and follow up their implementation.
3. Setting the models for the national development plan and measuring the targeted growth rates.
4. Participate in setting the strategy of the state budget.
5. Preparing the Iraqi Economy Report.
6. Contribute to pursuing the achievement of the goals of the national development plans.
7. Building standard models for the Iraqi economy and developing methods of economic forecasting.
8. Monitor the performance of financial and monetary indicators and their implications for macroeconomic performance.
9. Monitor the indicators of the private sector and its role in achieving economic development.
10. Preparing reports related to inflation, movement and development of global markets and everything related to price policies in Iraq.
11. Prepare studies, discussion papers and reports on various economic topics.
12. Express opinion and advice on all economic issues that come to the economic department.
13. Evaluate the economic and technical feasibility studies for government investment projects submitted by the ministries and relevant authorities that respond to us.
14. Participate in the work and tasks of the internal and external committees.
15. Provide advice and assistance to graduate students.
First: Tasks and duties of the Department of Macro Policies and Building Economic Models
1. Propose and prepare economic policies, including economic reform policies.
2. Contribute to the preparation of development plans and their economic indicators, with their overall and sectoral dimensions, in coordination and cooperation with the ministries, agencies and technical departments in the ministry.
3. Contribute to the evaluation of economic feasibility studies for investment projects in coordination with the relevant departments in the ministry.
4. Provide opinions and economic and technical advice on many issues, reports, studies and research received from various authorities.
5. Participate in the committees to prepare and follow up the investment curriculum.
6. Contribute to preparing the papers for the national development plan.
7. Participate in setting criteria for evaluating feasibility studies for investment projects.
8. Attending and participating in courses and workshops inside and outside the ministry.
Tasks of the Macroeconomic Division: -
1. Preparing the annual reports of the Iraqi economy.
2. Preparing the financial policy evaluation report.
3. Preparing the monetary and banking policy evaluation report.
4. Preparing a summary of the reports of the economies of foreign countries.
5. Prepare observations, proposals, recommendations and a statement of opinion on the various economic, financial and development issues referred to the Division.
Tasks of the Economic Models Division: -
1. Working to model the Iraqi economy.
2. Follow the development of trends in the main variables of the Iraqi economy and develop standard treatments for them.
3. Conducting a quantitative and quantitative analysis of the indicators of the national development plan.
4. Developing future forecasts for the indicators of the Iraqi economy.
5. Statement of opinion on the various economic, financial and development issues referred to the Division.
Second: The duties and duties of the Market Division and the development of the private sector
1. Follow-up indicators of the Iraqi economy.
2. Setting criteria for evaluating feasibility studies for investment projects.
3. Participate in the committees to prepare and follow up the investment curriculum.
4. Follow the movement of markets in Iraq.
5. Monitor the indicators of the private sector in Iraq.
6. Follow up the implementation of the strategy for developing the private sector in Iraq.
7. Preparing annual reports related to inflation in the Iraqi economy in cooperation with the Central Bureau of Statistics.
8. Preparing annual reports related to the movement and developments of global markets.
9. Preparing studies and research related to the Iraqi economy annually.
10. Express opinion and proposals on economic and development issues received by the department.
11. Participation of the department's employees in seminars, conferences and courses inside and outside the ministry.
12. Providing support, support and advice to all graduate students from various ministries and universities in Iraq.
13. The participation of the department's employees in the committees, according to the specialty.
Tasks of the Market and Price Division:
1. Preparing the annual inflation report and following the general level of prices.
3. Preparing the report of commodities markets in the world.
4. Update the price policy evaluation report in Iraq annually.
5. Preparing the report of the Iraq Stock Exchange and other indicators.
6. Follow-up indicators of inflation and prices in the Iraqi economy.
7. Monitor the indicators of the movement of the Iraqi economy.
8. Preparing the investment climate indicators report annually in Iraq and other countries.
Tasks of the Private Sector Development Division:
1. Follow-up to the private sector development strategy.
2. Follow-up indicators of economic variables for the private sector in Iraq.
3. Follow up the indicators of foreign trade in Iraq.
4. Follow-up indicators of domestic and foreign investment in Iraq, with a focus on investment opportunities available in the Iraqi economy.
5. Follow up on international economic developments and their repercussions on the reality of the Iraqi economy.
6. Updating the booklets of laws and decisions related to the economy.
7. Participate in the work of the strategic sector development committees.
8. Preparing the trade policy assessment report in Iraq.
Third: The duties and duties of the Department of Preparing and Following Up the Development Plans
1. Preparing and following up the implementation of the national development plans.
2. Monitor indicators for the economic sectors in the Iraqi economy.
3. Follow up on the general policy of the Ministry.
4. Follow up on the government program of the Ministry.
5. Follow-up to the National Development Plan Goals Indicators System (INMS)
6. Preparing annual studies and research within the department's work plan.
7. Participate in setting up workshops and giving lectures on development and economic issues.
8. Providing technical expertise and economic advice to researchers and graduate students in Iraq.
9. Contribute to the membership of the internal and external committees, according to jurisdiction.
10. Provide opinion and advice on economic and development issues.
Tasks of the General Policy Division:
1. Follow up on the preparation and implementation of public policy initiatives for the Ministry’s departments in accordance with the government program and the national development plan.
2. Coordination with the general policies team in the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers in preparing the general policies of the ministry and in line with the government program.
3. Building an integrated database and information for public policies in the ministry.
4. Preparing the unified general framework report for the ministry according to the government program and the directives of the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers.
5. Follow up on the government program of the Ministry.
Tasks of the Follow-up Division:
1. Follow up on preparing the national development plan.
2. Establishing a methodology for preparing national development plans.
3. Follow-up to achieving the goals of medium and long-term development plans.
4. Complete the database of the indicators of the goals of the national development plan.
5. Issue the annual report to follow up on achieving the goals of the national development plan.
Fourth: The tasks and duties of the Secretariat and Correspondence Division
1. Follow-up to incoming and outgoing mail.
2. Archive all incoming mail to the department.
3. Contribute to collecting and standardizing departmental answers.
4. Follow all departments in the accomplishments of the tasks assigned to them.
5. Division staff participation in work training courses.
6. Follow up on the committees of the General Manager.
7. The participation of the division's employees in the work committees.
8. Standardization of the annual work plan submitted by all departments.