Consists of the following sections: -
First - Department of economic policies and prepare plans and assume the following tasks: -
- Propose economic policies and monitor their implementation, including policies relating to the support of the private sector and coordination between the policies of the public sector and the private sector.
- Coordinate the process of preparing development plans and medium and long-term economic indicators.
- Contribute to the preparation of the annual report of the Iraqi economy.
- Contribute to the assessment of economic feasibility studies for investment projects the government in coordination with the Department of Planning sectors.
- Preparation and evaluation studies in diverse economic issues in coordination with other departments.
- Showing opinion and economic advice concerned with them from technical departments in the ministry.
Second - Department of economic forecast models and assume the following tasks: -
- Analysis of economic variables for the purposes of development planning in Iraq.
- The use of tables and user product planning methods available and try to apply for the purposes of prediction
- Setting mathematical models of economic variables.
- Estimates of the numbers of the distribution of GDP by sectors of the property for public, private and mixed.
Third - Follow-up department achieves the goals of development plans and assume the following tasks: -
- Follow-up to achieve the objectives of the development plans of medium and long term.
- Coordination with technical formations in the ministry in the implementation of plans of investment projects.
- Preparing studies and analyzes the economic sectors of the national economy within a plan of action circle.
Fourth -Studies of the market Department .. The following tasks: -
- Propose economic policies related to market studies and the statement of their effects on the performance of the Iraqi economy.
- A Case Study of the Iraqi market (supply and demand), including the financial and commodity markets and prepare reports on market conditions and the types and degree of monopoly.
- Preparation of periodic reports for follow up of the movement of prices of commodities in global markets (imported inflation).
- The study of the evolution of individual income levels and determines the standard of living.
- Analysis of trends and indicators of changes in the index of consumer prices and inflation indicators in the analysis of the Iraqi economy and its relationship with economic variables statement.
- Analysis and follow-up to the competitiveness of the Iraqi economy and its specific elements.
- Subscribe in preparing studies of price and economic action plan within the Department of Economic and Financial Policies.
- The study of the principles and foundations of support goods and basic services and economic impact statement.
- Implications statement on the general policy of the prices approved by the Council of Ministers.
- Follow-up change in foreign exchange rates (exchange rates 9 inside and outside Iraq.
Fifth: - Development Division and the private sector. The following tasks: -
- Propose alternatives to the economic policies associated with strengthening the role of the private sector in the national development process.
- Analysis of the database of the private sector and its contribution to GDP from the level of the project and the end of the level of total national output.
- Setting annual reports concerned with the analysis and assessment of the reality of the development of the private sector by sector and the provinces.
- Discussing obstacles to stimulate the private sector and ways to remove them and marking tools needed for implementation towards discuss ways to strengthen the competitiveness of the private sector, both domestic and international, and ways of access to global markets.
- To contribute to the institutional structure of the sponsoring organizations of the private sector in both activities the public and private sectors and build appropriate models to achieve the programs and policies toward sustainable development.
- Contribute to the development programs of economic reform and the role of the private sector and the size of its contribution to the implementation of the projects and the creation of employment opportunities and value-added systems and construction of the existing legislation on the basis of an open economy.
- Work on the marking of private sector investment opportunities indexed from the state or from the private sector.
The Department exercised its functions through the following people: -
- Relations and follow-up of the private sector.
- Planning and propose policies.
- Studies and analysis of investment opportunities.