The tasks of the Governmental Contracts Directorate are:
- Issuance of the controls of the Organization of the contractual relationship between the state departments and contractors.
- The study of the effects of a breach of contractual obligations of contractors enlisted or removing from the black list at the request of the contracting parties.
- The amendment to the general contracting conditions and conditions of processing of goods and services.
- Calendar functions and procedures of open and analyze committees bids in state departments and adjusted as needed
- The answer to the questions of the state departments and other contracted and other matters relating to its functions .
- Capacity building and training of staff working in contracting in the ministries and departments not associated with the Ministry of the regions and governorates that are not organized in a region.
- Follow-up to the plan to contract the ministries and governorates and not associated with a ministry.
- The technical supervision of the work of the formations of the Public Contracts developed in the ministries and departments not associated with a ministry, the regions and governorates that are not organized in a region.