First: the general goals:
- Setting development of economic and social plans (short and long term) to serve the development goals of the state.
- Preparing of the investment program of government.
- Supporting the development of local and regional efforts and assigning the provinces in various fields.
- Evaluating the performance of investment projects during the follow-up implementation.
- Evaluating the results of feasibility studies and technical projects submitted by the authorities concerned.
- Preparing studies, research and working papers achieved in various sectors and service activities.
Second: the tasks and activities of quality and specialization :
- Preparation annual investment plan in coordination with the Ministry of Finance and other parties.
- Follow up the implementation of investment projects listed in the schedules of the investment plan through field visits to project sites and the preparation of reports and field office.
- Follow-up to achieve the objectives of the National Development Plan 2010-2014.
- Setting and follow-up program of development of the regions.
- Preparing studies and research papers and panel discussions for analyzing developmental reality in Iraq.
- Setting electronic archiving work.
- Applying information exchange system via the Internet.
- Preparing reports on the activities and the most important work of the department on a monthly, semi-annual and periodic.
Third: The main tasks in the field of preparation of the annual investment plan:
- Participation with the Ministry of Finance in the development of the strategy the state budget and the preparation of the foundations and the general principles that are guided by preparing annual investment plan.
- Contribute to the preparation of regulations and permissions related with implementing projects of the investment budget.
- Discuss all proposed investment projects with ministries and relevant agencies for their inclusion in the annual investment plan.
- Prepare the final form of the tables of the investment budget for next year and sent to the Ministry of Finance.
Fourth: The tasks in the field of monitoring the implementation of projects:
A- Follow-up targets:
- Visiting sites of investment projects by teams of specialized technical work for the progress of the work and monitor levels of implementation.
- Examine the commitment of the parties executing instructions and permissions.
- Reporting and follow-up field office and submitted to the higher authorities and the relevant authorities.
- Monitor the implementation of the plans and reality and to create indicators and data for this fact and evaluate those plans based primarily targeted to McCann, any evaluation of the results that have fallen to the process of implementation of the plan.
- Provide data periodically and updated on an ongoing basis (may vary the time periods for the update process, monthly, quarterly, annually) according to the level of follow-up and the nature of the project and the needs of those data for the project, including help in making appropriate decisions and to create an adequate basis upon which planned to develop plans for the future and the correct path Current plans for the implementation of the project or to plan in general.
- Diagnose problems and obstacles facing the implementation of the plan in a timely manner in order to find solutions or to take the necessary decisions to address them in contributing to advance the process of implementation of the plan to the imam whether those problems and obstacles as a result of a defect in the planning stage or defect in the implementation phase, or for any other reasons and this is one of the features that characterize the basic follow-up.
B- The foundations and principles under which the selection of projects to continue:
- The strategic importance of the project and its impact on the sector's him and the rest of the other sectors in the national economy and achieve the economic and social returns of strategic importance to the state and society.
- Projects that assist in the introduction of modern knowledge and technology.
- Projects that suffer from problems and large deviations executive and indicate that during the discussions of the annual plan.
- The total cost of the project where the preferred choice of projects with large costs because they reflect important economic indicators.
- Projects are less than the implementation rate of 25%.
- Projects that match the executing agency and the beneficiary in that one.
- Projects of parties of executive possibilities and modest supervisory.
C- Strengthen the capacity of the following-up teams field:
In order to create the base of future scientific and technical As part of the quest for the investment of resources and human potential to improve the quality and efficiency at all levels of management of the process (planning, implementation, supervision and follow-up) requires strengthening the capacity of workers in the field of follow-up, to:
- Building planning and executive capacities.
- Building capacities in the field of research and information management.
- Strengthening capacity in the field of preparation of analytical studies and diagnostic and therapeutic in the implementation of projects and the level of technical and engineering work necessary to identify indicators to develop solutions early.
- Provide seats for postgraduate studies for scientific cadres working in the follow-up for all age groups and different disciplines.
- Participating specialized technical staffs with specialists from the implementing agencies and beneficiary when you make technical tests inside and outside the country.