Tasks and duties of the government investment programs department
1. Contributing with the Ministry of Finance in preparing the strategy of the financial framework for the state’s general budget and preparing the foundations and principles adopted in preparing the budget.
2. Contribute with Dr. Sector Planning in setting the features of the government investment program and in coordination with the Ministry of Finance, ministries and governorates.
3. Contribute to preparing instructions and powers to implement investment projects in coordination with the concerned departments.
4. Determining the financial ceilings for the allocations of developing regions to governorates in the light of population ratios, based on population estimates issued by the Central Bureau of Statistics and the ration card.
5. Determining the financial ceilings for the annual allocations of ministries and entities not affiliated with a ministry in light of spending capacity and stage priorities, in addition to being guided by what was stated in the national development plan.
6. Deciding on changes to the investment budget, issuing decisions related to increasing and reducing total costs and annual allocations for projects, as well as listing projects and making transfers between allocations in the schedules of the investment curriculum and according to the request of the executing party according to the powers granted to the Minister of Planning.
7. Clarify the opinion on economic and investment issues that come to the department from various authorities.
8. Coordination with the Ministry of Finance regarding the inclusion of foreign companies implementing investment project contracts with exemption from taxes and fees.
9. Provide financial advice regarding requests received from ministries as well as governorates regarding investment projects.
10. Managing the tax-extinguishing file for Iraqi companies implementing investment projects affected by the financial crisis, in accordance with Cabinet Resolution No. (93) and (338) of 2019 in coordination with the Office of Financial Supervision and the General Authority for Taxes.
11. Managing the file of contractors and late contractor entitlements due under government bonds in coordination with the Office of Financial Supervision and the Ministry of Finance in implementation of Cabinet Resolution No. (161) for the year 2016.
12. Prepare monthly and annual reports to follow up on the actual expenses of the investment curriculum projects and the regions development program.
13. Prepare a report in the foreign currency required to implement import contracts for investment projects.
14. Public investment management electronically through a complete and comprehensive management of investment plan projects electronically through the Iraqi Development Management System (IDMS) from the project proposal stage and its inclusion in the investment budget tables and its contractual and material follow-up with all its details and until its completion and then comprehensive monitoring and evaluation of the project through its compatibility With the national development plan and measuring the extent to which the goals of the plan have been achieved and that is in coordination with all the implementing agencies (ministries and entities not associated with a ministry as well as governorates) provided that the last task of the system is implemented with the Ministry of Finance for the purpose of determining funding payments and according to the work progress schedule and therefore the IDMS system It is considered the first step in implementing the electronic government.
15. Office follow-up to the implementation of investment projects, the development program for regions, petrodollars, poverty and database management for the follow-up system and preparing a unified annual report to follow up the implementation of investment budget projects that includes the following indicators ((the number of investment budget projects, the approved and adjusted total cost, their approved and adjusted annual allocations, the cumulative expenses of the project And its annual expenses, the proportions of the physical and planned achievement, the efficiency of implementation, the stages of project implementation, the method of implementation, the duration of implementation and components, the percentage of deviation and its causes ... etc.).
16. Prepare a report on the problems and obstacles facing the process of implementing projects and determine their causes in cooperation with the implementing agencies and find appropriate solutions.
17. Follow up the implementation of investment budget projects and developing regions in the field, according to the approved plan, prepare reports on visits and give a copy of them to the relevant authorities.
18. Preparing annual field follow-up reports that include several important indicators on the level of performance of ministries, implementing agencies, and governorates, and on the level of sectors, problems, and field obstacles that hinder the completion of projects and ways to solve them.
19. Keeping pace with developments in the country, a spatial database for projects has been established, which represents the main geographical portal for managing and monitoring reconstruction and development projects in Iraq, and this base will be effective and flexible depending on field and office follow-up outputs of projects to become directly influencing many future government policies And the orientation towards good governance, in addition to spreading a culture of transparency and integrity in announcing data to society for the purpose of accessing it and enhancing confidence between the citizen and the government through the national platform for ages and development.